Summer is swiftly approaching and there isn’t a better time to take care of some much needed home maintenance and improvements. By taking care of home renovations in the summer, you can save your family a lot of inconvenience and stress. Here are some of the best home improvement ideas for your home this summer.
- Update your windows. Summer is the perfect time to upgrade your windows to make them more green for the winter months. You could also add a large picture window to a room to bring the outdoors indoors!
- Plant trees for next summer. Scrutinize your backyard and see where some shade is needed. Planting trees not only adds to the value of your home, but it can increase the enjoyability of your hotter spaces.
- Repave. Repaving your driveway or any other pathways around your home is a great way to use the summer months to your advantage. The summer months give your newly paved driveway time to adhere and dry. It’s also a great time to build that paver patio or other outdoor living space.
- Prepare for winter. Summer is the time to tackle any home improvement issues that would otherwise get in the way during the winter, like fixing the roof or adding another addition to your home. This way, you won’t get tons of mud and slush in your home, or be freezed out of certain places around your home.
- Renovate your kitchen. Since summertime is for BBQs and outdoor dining, it makes it the perfect time to tackle that kitchen. Improving your kitchen can raise your resale value by over 60%.
- Repaint your home. Slapping a fresh coat of paint to the outside of your home is a fantastic way to spruce up your home! This is a simple way to increase the curb appeal of your house.
- Maintain your deck. Summer is a great time to notice any problems your deck may have, to loose boards or needing a new coat of sealant. Your deck may simply need to be pressure washed to make it look as good as new.
What are some of the remodeling projects you hope to accomplish this summer?