Your backyard can be a fantastic retreat for rest and relaxation, but for children, it can be a place of adventure. Here are some kid-friendly ways to make your backyard fun and exciting.
- In-ground trampoline. Building a trampoline into the ground can make your trampoline safer and look much nicer than the above-ground trampolines. There are kits available to buy, but it’s a good idea to have professional help to install them.
- Entertainment center deck. Putting a tv outside is a great idea for movie nights! Build a deck that has plenty of seating for friends of all ages, and their parents!
- Game lawn. Turn that wide open green space into a place for games! Larger than life Jenga boards, huge dominos and a giant chess board can really make for a magical tournament. Corn Hole and horseshoes are classic games that never go out of style.
- Mini golf course. Going out for mini-golf can be expensive, so why not bring the course to your own backyard? A small putting green can really be a fun addition to any yard.
- Treehouse. Having an awesome treehouse in your backyard is every kid’s dream! If you don’t have any trees in your yard, build a loft-style playhouse to simulate the canopy home.
- Rock wall. Kids love to climb everything, so let them get out that energy on a rock climbing wall! Build it on the side of a playhouse for extra access inside, or create an independently standing one with soft mats underneath.
- Hammock. Who doesn’t like grabbing a book and relaxing in a swinging hammock? Add one lower to the ground to make it safer for your little ones to get up and down.
- Basketball court. This backyard addition doesn’t have to be regulation size to make it fun. Add a slab of concrete for a half-court!
- Splash pad. Cool off this summer by building your own water park in your backyard. Create an unpredictable water show that is fun for the whole family!
- Zipline. Having a zip line in your backyard would make your house the coolest house on the block!
Kid-friendly backyards can be great for kids of all ages!