When making home improvements, it’s not only for your enjoyment, but for added cost to your investment when it comes time to sell. There are many strategic outdoor projects that can boost the return on your investment. Here are some of the highest grossing outdoor improvements.
- Outdoor kitchens. Adding an outdoor kitchen to your backyard is one of the best ways to make money back on your investment. Outdoor kitchens are considered another room in your home, and can make 100-200% back on your investment, especially in warmer climates.
- Firepits. Everyone loves to sit around a firepit at night, no matter the time of year. When deciding on a firepit, make sure it’s properly installed and styled for entertaining. When done well, a firepit can increase your ROI by 150%.
- Exterior doors. Form and function are important when it comes to replacing your exterior doors. Home buyers will appreciate the added safety a new solid door will provide, and love the look of a beautiful door. This project can bring in 101% of your investment.
- Siding. Not only does replacing the siding on your home increase your ROI by 80%, the curb appeal of new siding will bring more interested buyers to look at your house.
- Paving your driveway. This is especially true if you have a gravel driveway. Try using pavers to add an interesting and durable look to your front drive. It can increase your ROI up to 75%.
- Patios and decks. Professionally built decks can bring 73% ROI, but make sure that it’s built from good materials, and not composite materials. Screening in a deck or patio can be a good addition, but spending more doesn’t necessarily raise your ROI. Spending $50,000 screening in a porch will only return 50% of your investment.
- Garage doors. Replacing your garage doors is a great way to see some money back on your initial investment, up to 88%.
- Landscaping. Adding plants and resodding your lawn is a great way to boost curb appeal and bring buyers to your home. To save money, plant plants that are native to your area, and avoid paying lots of money for pricey turf.
When it comes to your home, most home buyers will judge a book by its cover, so outdoor improvements can really make your home stand out when you’re ready to sell. Be smart about where to invest in your home renovations, and you’ll end up with more money in your pocket.