The weather is getting cooler and that means the holiday season is right around the corner! You may be wondering how you are going to be able to entertain all of your guests over the holidays. Here are some great projects to give your home the refresh it needs to make your holidays happier.
- Upgrade your kitchen. The kitchen is the heart of the home, and most holidays are spent making and baking wonderful meals and treats for your family to enjoy. Give your kitchen a facelift with a beautiful farmhouse style sink, a kitchen island with plenty of storage, and a serving buffet station. If you’re strapped for time, a fresh paint job and new cabinet pulls can make your kitchen seem brand new.
- Update your staircase. Nothing is more exciting than running down the stairs Christmas morning to see what Santa left under the tree. Make your staircase picture worthy by adding a new stair runner, updating the stair rails, or custom painting the stairs to make them one of a kind.
- Refresh your entryway. Make a bold first impression by sprucing up entryway. Add a place to organize coats and scarves, paint the walls a cozy color, and your friends and family will feel right at home.
- Modernize your fireplace. Give your stockings a new place to hang with a sleek mantel over the fireplace. Replacing the tiles on the front of the fireplace can bring your living room up to date, and make it a place for everyone to snuggle around.
- Maximize your dining space. Add built in banquette seating so everyone can gather around the table and give thanks. Replace the overhead lighting with a show-stopping chandelier to really make your holiday centerpieces shine.
- Spice up the powder room. Make this small, but necessary, room a stunning stop for your guests. With a smaller room, you can splurge on high end finishes and unique wallpapers.
These updates to your home will be a gift that keeps on giving and something to surely be thankful for.