Summers are fun, but eventually, the pool gets too hot, the sidewalk burns your feet, and your electricity bill goes through the roof from running your AC nonstop. After a blazing hot summer, it’s easy to dream of cooler nights and crackling fires. The Houston area stays pretty warm, but evenings and nights are our perfect reward. What better time than to circle around your own texas firepit and spend time with family and friends?
Choosing a firepit for your space is easier than you may think! Our team at Paveritme can help you choose the best firepit for your space and budget. Take a look at the items below to help you choose.
Choosing The Right Fire Pit
When it comes to building a fire pit, you have two choices. You can create a gas fire pit or a wood-burning fire pit. Each type of firepit will have a few items to consider when choosing what’s best for your needs.
When building a wood fire pit, you:
- Spend less money upfront – Wood fire pits are easier and quicker to build.
- Build a deeper pit – To make room for the actual fire, this type of fire pit has to be deeper, with a larger open space.
- Will need to stock up on firewood – If you already have a wood-burning fireplace, this may not be a hassle. If you live in a smaller space without room to store wood, gas fire pits might be a better option.
- Get to hear the natural crackling sound with extra warmth – Wood-burning fires are traditional and provide that cozy comfort we long for in the winter.
When building a gas fire pit, you:
- Will spend a little bit more money upfront – to account for adding the gas line and other needs of a gas fire pit; expect to spend more at first.
- Can have a shallow pit – gas fire pits can be shallow, which means more room for decorative accents, such as a long pit filled with decorative colored glass in front of an outdoor sofa.
- Will find it’s easier to light – gas fire pits can burn with the touch of a button, and you don’t have to wait for the fire to go out at the end of the night.
- Won’t spend much time cleaning up afterward – Rather than clean up ashes and unburnt wood, gas fire pits let you turn it off and walk away.
- Save money long term on maintenance – Less flames and warmth hitting the sides of the fire pit leads to fewer repairs and maintenance in the future.
Keep It Simple or Spice It Up
Once you’ve decided on what type of fire pit you want us to build for you, the next step is to plan it out and start your project.
If you’re looking to build a simple fire pit we’ve got what you need. But did you know we could add a little pizazz to your new firepit by adding decorative benches and seating walls or a paver walkway to match? The firepit can be the main focus or just a small part of a complete backyard oasis.
Ready To Get Your Own Custom Texas Firepit?
The best news is that if you call us today, we can build a fire pit to keep you toasty and cozy before winter arrives in Houston!
Call Pavertime today to schedule your free consultation. You can give us a call at 832-831-6058 to schedule an in-person consultation at your home… then make sure to add marshmallows to your grocery list!